Tuesday, November 17, 2009

technology

How does it make us seem? I look down at the blinking light and vibrations, glimpsing your name but it's not you. Just another "you", an occasional tease. Quite baffling how so many companions have shared the same first name, along with some alarmingly similar characteristics. All the different lists of reoccurring names, each one with some emotional connection. Some slight, or even holding an undeserving piece of my heart. Reoccurring names. Listed not by desire or significance, but in monotonous alphabetical order, by last name of course. Each triggers a memory; sweet or bitter, rarely perfect notes of the two combined. But what of me, with a name rarely duplicated. Does it more often appear, or must you search for it... do you search for me; will you search just for me? How does it make me seem?

No comments:

Post a Comment