Wednesday, June 24, 2009

maybe one day

this is a bit choppy & maybe not clear to you, but I just hope it comes across how i meant it one of these days [it's about my little sister]...

I see nothing of me in you
maybe that's a good start
it's a different situation your life is seeking out
a love of slight naivity, and really only three
you see i just don't count,
that's how it's come to be
i wish i could be more
but I will never be like mine, or even there
your beauty is deep and visible
radiating like the sun, your smile is pure joy
you've yet to become a jaded soul, I pray you never do
Circumstances shape you, this i have come to know
I hope you break out and see there is more
You have many years to learn for yourself
do not just accept a concept, test them for more than the surface reflection
it's not about appearance, it's about your soul
The act of putting Him before all, love in the most potent form
Only time can tell where we will be,
maybe one day you will see yourself in me (and that will make you happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment